It's your #1 weekly NFT photography newsletter, and this time we'll be covering some of the prominent photographers in the space.
Here's what we got for you today:
- Introducing Justin Aversano - the NFT photography trailblazer
- Soo Burnell — interweaving iconic cinematography with grandiose architecture
- Turkish Photographers Highlight by Sloika
Introducing Justin Aversano - the NFT photography trailblazer
Whether you're a newcomer or a seasoned veteran in the NFT photography space - Justin Aversano is a name you should definitely be aware of.
Aversano is a photographer whose career was sparked by healing from the loss of his twin sister. Since then, he has launched Quantum Art, a platform for curating and dropping NFT photography collections.
Here's all you need to know about the artist himself:
- His most famous collection, "Twin Flames," has generated 5,900 ETH in total sales volume and multiple million-dollar sales.
- Aversano's journey into NFTs started with a trip to Peru to heal from addiction and depression and a spark he found while participating in a ceremony run by twins.
- Aversano's work is inspired by his twin sister, his mother, his ancestors, and his passion for photography.
- Aversano is inspired by photographers such as Irving Penn, David LaChapelle, Diane Arbus, Vivian Maier, and Robert Frank, as well as painters like Alex Gray and Dustin Yellin.
If you want to find out more, check out this article
Soo Burnell — interweaving iconic cinematography with grandiose architecture
Scottish photographer Soo Burnell creates gratifying picture art by fusing film-like stills and architecture. She captures this harmony in public swimming pools and theaters.
Here's everything you need to know about Burnell's process:
- She was reintroduced to the beauty of swimming pool architecture in her hometown of Edinburgh.
- Burnell now explores her passion for architecture and composition through the photography of swimming pools and other communal spaces.
- The process of finding these spaces includes research online, books, and recommendations from others.
- Her photographs usually don't include faces, the focus is on the architecture and the presence of people serves to bring new life to the space.
- Her dream building to photograph would be in Japan and Berlin.
- She is currently working on series of pools in Paris and iconic buildings in Edinburgh.
Read the full article
Turkish Photographers Highlight by Sloika
Sloika - a curated NFT photography platform - highlights some notable Turkish photographers and their works in light of a disastrous earthquake that hit the borders of Turkey and Syria on Monday, February 6, 2023.
Click here to support the artists or share their work.
Top weekly content curated by the Focus Market Community.
Thank you for reading and make sure to follow us on Twitter @FocusMarketNFT
Make sure to check our blog if you're interested in more NFT photography content.